Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Seeing the Sites


Hello My Dear Readers,
I told you I wouldn't let you down!! I'm writing another entry and its only been a little over a week since my last entry! Hooray! I'm being consistent...this is good. Let's keep it up? Yes, blog, I will.
I am writing from a hotel in beautiful California. It was rainy today, but we have had beautiful weather here since we arrived last Thursday. One of my tour mates said it best: "California reminds me of what Europe must look like." I must say that I agree. We have been driving throughout this massive state and it seems to be true. It is just beautiful.
This touring experience has just been incredible. I have gotten to see so many wonderful sites. I have also gotten to see some family! Last Thursday, when we arrived in California, we were in Los Angeles and my new extended family lives there! I am the last one in my immediate family to visit LA, so it was a really exciting visit. I finally got to see all of the places that my family members had told me about and it was wonderful! I had so much fun! What was the best part? Well......I GOT TO STAND ON THE RED CARPET AT THE OSCARS!!!!!!!!!!!! When I got into town, my sister-in-law's mother took me to Hollywood to see the Kodak Theatre, which was being prepped for the Oscars. The red carpet was set up, but it was covered in plastic. I still got to walk on it and it was thrilling! There are plenty of pictures and videos too! I had so much fun! I am so blessed! We had three shows in the LA area and I had someone there to support me at every show. I am so grateful! What a gift!
I have one more month of being on the road. In the beginning of April, we return to NYC and then just perform locally, give or take a few nights away. I must say, I am very excited to get back home. I miss the city. Still, I am very excited to see what else this adventure has in store for me. On Saturday, we leave CA and head to Las Vegas!!! I can't wait to see all the hotels! I'm also looking forward to Utah and Wyoming. By the end of this tour, I will have been to 31 states! I am on my way to achieving my goal of visiting all 50 states! I can do this!! Yay!!
Thanks for reading! I will be back soon!!!

-Jackie O.
PS: I promised you a picture from my visit to the Four Corners. It was a surreal experience. I was so excited to be there! Here is the money shot! I'm hoping it will end up in a social studies textbook one day so that someone can be as inspired as I was! Start the campaigning, people!


No comments:

Post a Comment