Sunday, May 30, 2010

New York Summer

Happy Memorial Day, Everyone! Its a beautiful weekend here in NYC. Being the musical theatre nerd that I am, I can't help but think about the show Parade. For those of you who do not recognize it, Parade is a brilliant musical that takes place around Memorial Day. Its quite a powerful show. Look it up! The music is breathtaking.

So anyway, the main point of my entry is this: I am absolutely loving living in New York City. I am always coming up with reasons why I so love it. So...cue trumpets....here is my list!

Reasons Why I Love New York City
1. The buildings...they are just beautiful. The Chrysler building is my favorite.
2. The parks....I haven't found one yet that I didn't think was amazing.
3. The culture...this is a broad point, but there are so many artistic things to enjoy here.
4. The restaurants...so many options...REALLY GOOD FOOD.
5. The people...I love seeing so many different kinds of people in one place.
6. The activities...There are so many things to do here, especially free ones.

So there we go! I know its very general and broad, but that's what I love here. I basically love everything. I love my work, my friends, my buildings, my parks, and my city.

PS: For today's youtube clip, I am sharing Alicia Key's "Empire State of Mind Part 2." This is her version of the hit song that she sang with Jay Z. I know its cliche, but I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment