Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's Been Too Long!

Hello!
Wow! It has been a long time! I'm sorry for the lack of entries recently. But, this will be an epic post since I have so much to talk about with all of you! So here we go!

Disney World: My family and I went on a wonderful trip to Disney World in the beginning of June. It was absolutely glorious and RELAXING! Can you believe it? Yes, I said relaxing. Usually one does not associate relaxation with Disney World, but somehow we did that. I think it was because we were all older so there weren't any meltdowns. Anyway, the rides were fun and the food was amazing. It was just awesome.

Tony Awards: I wish I could tell you all that I went to the Tonys and went up onstage, sang a big diva number and then won Tony, but of course that did not happen. Instead, I had a wonderful time at a friend's apartment watching the awards with theatre friends. We had a pool and I almost won, which made me very proud. The Tony Awards are always an exciting time for me. I consider them my superbowl. I was so worried that they were going to be while I was in Disney World, but they weren't! They were inspiring this year. The opening number was fabulous and Katie Finneran's speech made me cry. I loved them!

Finish of Survival Job: When I am not in a show, I work at an after-school program. The end of the school year was a very exciting time. We spent a lot of our days outside, which was wonderful in the beautiful New York spring weather. I am especially excited though because I was asked to teach a musical theatre class next year!!! I am going to be co-teaching it with the music teacher. I am really looking forward to this. I am also teaching yoga and wood-working. I love yoga, so I'm pumped for that. Woodworking will be a fun and interesting experience. I am missing my kids and hoping they are all having great summers!

3 Shows in 3 Days: I spent the week before I left for Tennessee for Into the Woods with my family. It was so nice to spend a few relaxing days with them. I got some important errands done and got to see my goddaughter a lot, which was great. I also got to go to the beach for a few days. One of the best parts, however, was that I got to see 3 shows in 3 days. My mom and I do this a lot and we love it. I saw A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum at the PA Shakespeare Festival, Promises, Promises on Broadway in NY, and Fiddler on the Roof at the Walnut Street Theatre. All of these shows were wonderful. I got to see some friends in Forum a and Fiddler which was nice. I also got to spend a great day in New York to see Promises, Promises. It was a great way to say goodbye to my city for the summer. I LOVED Promises, Promises, which was a big surprise since it got awful reviews. I thought it was great and Katie Finneran was amazing. I want to play that role someday. Fiddler was absolutely brilliant and reminded me how much I love the theatre. That show remains one of my favorites.

Into the Woods: And for my final update, I am currently in Tennessee rehearsing for Into the Woods. I am really proud of the work we have completed so far. I think that it is going to be a great show. The cast is so strong and everyone is perfect for their parts. I am playing Jack's Mother and I am loving revisiting this role. I played the part in college. It has been 3 years so I'm excited to find new things. Its a challenge! We open July 16th and run thru August 29th. If you find yourself in Clarksville, TN, which is near Nashville, come and see us! Its going to be a great production!!!

Well there you go! An update on what I have been up to! Whew! I wrote a lot. Kudos to all of you who read it. Thanks! See you soon!

-Jackie

PS: For my youtube clip, here is the amazing opening of this year's Tony Awards! Enjoy! Its awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment