Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Week Surprises

Happy Christmas Week Everyone!

In my humble opinion, I think that this week and the week in between Christmas and New Years are the best two weeks of the year. I've been enjoying my week so far: work and then a few wonderful Christmas activities. On Sunday, I treated myself to a mani/pedi. I'm currently sporting dark red nail polish and I LOVE it! I feel very Christmas-y! I'm planning on getting my haircut on Wednesday, so I'm very excited for that! I will be all ready to celebrate!

In other wonderful news, I surprisingly finished my shopping last night. It was totally unexpected and very exciting! I have one more gift to get, which is a super easy purchase! Just like everyone else, I was worried that I wasn't going to get it all done with my work schedule this week. But I did it! So Wednesday night, I will head to Macy's to get that last present and then treat myself to the haircut! Wahoo!

Last night, I had the pleasure attending a work Christmas party and then a friend's Christmas gathering. Both events were fun, but I especially loved going to my friend's. It was a last minute invitation and someone who I hadn't seen in a long time. It was so nice to reconnect and catch up! To me, that is what Christmas is all about: spending time with friends and family and having fun. As stressful as this time of year can get, its nice to take a break and enjoy some good food and drinks and laugh with friends. Last night was exactly what I needed to push through the rest of the week! So, thank you dear friend for that invitation...it really warmed my heart. :)

I hope everyone enjoys some little surprises this week as well. :)

Happy Christmas!

-Jackie O.

PS: The youtube video for today is my absolute favorite Christmas song. They actually sang it at mass the other day. That was another lovely surprise for me this week!! I'm planning on singing it at Christmas Eve mass! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment