Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Top of the World

















Hi Everyone!!!
I am currently sitting in my lovely apartment with a Christmas candle burning, lights glowing, and a beautiful wreath that smells delightful and I can't help but be in the Christmas spirit! This time of the year is my absolute favorite and there is no better place to experience it than in NYC!
I am so grateful that I live here....which means that I don't have to spend only one day during the Christmas season to enjoy the city's offerings. Its so magical! I am still in awe.
Anyway, the other day my boyfriend and I were planning on going ice skating at Rockefeller Center. Unfortunately, the rink was going to be closed for a good portion of the afternoon for a private event. Boy did this end up working in our favor! We ended up going to the Top of the Rock!!! I have always wanted to do it, so I was glad to be able to check it off my bucket list. For a mere $25, you can go to the tippy top of 30 Rockefeller Center and see the most incredible view of New York City. There is nothing blocking you from seeing the Empire State Building, all of Central Park, the Chrystler Building and other important landmarks. If I had to describe my experience, I have one word for it: incredible. It quickly climbed its way up to the top of my "Favorite Spots in NYC" list. The other wonderful thing is that there is no time limit on how much time you spend there. I thought it was going to be a quick visit and then we were going to be kicked out, but that is so not the case. We must have spent a half-hour there. There is no time limit! Its so easy to do because you just can't get over the sights! I have so many pictures...I need to print them out so I can remember every moment. We were also lucky with our timing because we got there and the sun was setting over the Hudson! So not only did we see the Sunset, which was gorgeous, but we also got to see the city light up! Long story short, I fell in love. It was just unbelievable. This lovely afternoon followed a relaxing weekend of fun Christmas things. We baked cookies, watched The Holiday and The Santa Clause (which happen to be two of my favorite Christmas movies) and just chilled out. It was just what I needed after two long weeks of working everyday! After our amazing afternoon at the Rock, we went and grabbed something to eat and then took a long walk. So perfect. I've said it once and I'll say it again, I am so lucky.

I'm looking forward to spending this last week before Christmas doing fun things and enjoying my time in the Greatest City in the World before I go home to celebrate with my beautiful family for the holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment