Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Fun To-Do List

So, I live in New York City. Its the most wonderful place in the world filled with amazing museums, parks, restaurants, cafes, theatre, art, music, dance and the occasional surprise. I have been living here for 3 years and I still haven't even scratched the surface of things to do. One of my favorite movies, and recent obsession, is You've Got Mail. One of my favorite things about that movie is how they make New York City seem almost like a small town. Yes, its a HUGE city with millions of people, and yet everyone manages to have their own "places." For instance, I'm sure the people at the Barnes and Noble near my work recognize me since I go in almost everyday to browse the latest gossip magazines. I always shop at the Upper West Side Trader Joes and I recognize some of the employees. I could go on, but the point is, that even though New York can be very impersonal, in some ways, it is one of the most personal and romantic places. You can easily run into old friends or spot some beautiful moment between a parent and a child or a pair of lovers. You also have your own "places." I love that about this city. Now, with that said, I have a bunch of places that I need to go and explore. So without further ado, here is my list of New York City Places:

1. The Brooklyn Bridge
2. Grimaldi's pizza (after I walk across the bridge)
3. Tea Lounge in Park Slope (totally happening this weekend, I've decided)
4. Metropolitan Museum of Art (I can't get enough...still so much more to see)
5. Museum of Natural History
6. Metropolitan Opera (I've been to Broadway and the NYC Ballet...must conquer Opera!)
7. Top of the Rock and the Empire State Building
8. A NYC sporting event (shocking I know)

I know that there is more that I need to add, but I'll leave it at that. I also need to find my pizza place in my neighborhood...so pizza gods, I am putting that in your hands. :) I love New York.

-Jackie O.

PS: This post's youtube video is courtesy of the movie You've Got Mail. God I love that movie. Hahaha. Such a perfect movie. You must watch it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment