Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hello World!

Hello World,
Welcome to my blog. I have been inspired by my friends who have their own blogs to start my own. So here it is! I'm kind of excited!
My name is Jackie and I am a young professional actor living in New York City. Yes, I said actor, even though I am a girl. I don't know, I just prefer that term. It sounds better.
Anyway, I absolutely love living in New York City. There is no other place like it in the world. I am still in shock that I live there. There is so much to see and do, its incredible. My roommate and I try to do something new every week. The only requirement is that it has to be either free or cheap. We have found a lot of interesting things. I will have to share our experiences on here.
Right now, I am out of town performing in a children's theatre tour in a Civil War musical. I am having a blast. Its really a blessing to be performing in some incredible theatres. I also love being able to discover new things in the material with every performance. That's truly a gift with a long run. The tour is almost over. While I am sad that its nearing the end, I'm excited to get back to New York. I'm looking forward to a New York City spring!
Well there it is: my first post! Thanks for reading!

-Jackie

PS: This song best exemplifies my feelings of New York City. Its "Only In New York" from Thoroughly Modern Millie:

No comments:

Post a Comment