Monday, January 9, 2012

And At Last I See the Light!


I finally had my Tangled moment this weekend!!

Let me explain what I mean by that. Do you know the part in Tangled when they are sitting in the boat and there are all the laterns in the sky and then they sing And At Last I See the Light? I mean, hello?! Best Disney moment ever! Its every girl's dream.

Well, ladies, I have some amazing news for you! In NYC, for a small amount of money, you can have that night under the lights! On Saturday night, I went to the indian restaurant Panna II in the East Village. Its on 1st Avenue between 5th and 6th streets and you can't miss it. The windows are COVERED with blinking Christmas lights. And the funny part? Apparently its like that all year! I heard about Panna II last year when I was on tour from one of my cast mates. Ever since then, I have been dying to go! I am happy to say that I wasn't disappointed! The food was delicious and the atmosphere was awesome. When it's someone's birthday (there were two parties while we were there), they turn off all the lights and do a light show and sing and dance while they bring out dessert for the birthday boy or girl! So cool right? I may have to go there for my birthday this year!

Also, I have to mention, it is insanely cheap. I paid $18 (and that's with tip!). Its BYOB, so you don't need to pay for drinks, which is nice too! They even have a deal where you can share an entree between two people and also get an appetizer, soup and dessert for like $29. Its totally worth it and we are planning to do that next time!

If you decide to go, and you should, be sure to go in the right place, because in this building there are 4 indian restaurants. Panna II is the one on the second floor right hand sign. Luckily there is a sign out front.

So, thanks Panna II for a wonderful evening with lots of light, love and delicious food...oh and the free mango ice cream. :) It was the perfect end!

No comments:

Post a Comment